Tuesday 13 January 2015

The most important meal of the day... USA style

Ok so I can't say I have tried any of these so don't know how good or bad they are, but I have commented on the cereal selection several times so thought I would take a pic of a few that stood out this week at the store. 

All of these no doubt appeal to kids and the majority of men, they don't however appeal to this mum. This is mainly because I could imagine these would take our toddler tantrums from 'a solid effort' to scenes from the exorcist.

A lot of people warned us about the hidden sugar in the USA diet (bread etc), these pictures support my argument that there is nothing 'hidden' about the sugar here.

At least it's whole grain right?

MARSHMALLOW! Undoubtedly good and essential part of a hot chocolate but in cereal?!

I'm going to go ahead and say those are not naturally that colour.

But hey whole grains! 


These I included because they just look gross

And this one was probably my favorite
G has decided these warrant further investigation. Actual little cookies for breakfast? Or just chocolate cookie Flavoured?

And then what would America be without its Pop Tarts?

Especially when they come in these varieties 


Can't say no to great value right? 

7 vitamins and minerals - this one has health food written all over it


I have no words.


Suffice to say we have started making our own muesli. 













No comments:

Post a Comment