Monday 22 September 2014

so far

these are my largely incoherent thoughts from last 48 hours


 1. Saying goodbye sucks - from now on I plan to avoid the word. Instead I will just quietly leave any function/town/country without warning


 2. Airnz nz is awesome, skycouches are worth the money without a doubt.


 3. The entire process at LAX is beyond ridiculous.  don't expect a red carpet welcome. There is no courting the tourist dollar here. Though one nice lady did let us cut the immigration line because of the babies.  Things were made worse when they told us that even though we were checked through to the next flight and all our gear was meant to be transferred, we were going to have to carry our mountain buggy pram onto the shuttle and across to the united terminal. So we did, Garth and I carried two babies (t would burst into tears if Garth put him down) 4 carry ons (nappy bags etc) and a pram in its carry bag across a road, onto a bus, off the bus, up an escalator,   through a large hall,dropping off the pram, through security - taking off shoes, belts, emptying pockets, both being drug swabbed, up another escalator, then another 200m before finally sitting and drinking water. Garth actually has bruises on his shoulder  this morning from the pram. No help or acknowledgement  or anything from staff during whole ordeal. I would have cried apart, but sweating had left me without moisture to spare. I start my American adventure 5kgs lighter thanks to that hour of my life.

4. United Airlines sucks. Flying the friendly skys my arse.

5. Our accommodation is better than expected.  Two bedroom, two bathroom condo with communal pool, gym,  beach volleyball pitch and outdoor kitchen. Pics to com. Happy

6. Its so hot glasses steam up when I get out of the car.

7. Grocery shopping done. Cant find decent cheese but organic supermarket here is pretty good and hey gluten free donuts.

8. Corpus christi seems pretty easy to navigate.  Might even try driving tomorrow.. or, you know, the day after that...

9. Am so tired I was slurring my words reading a story to t as I was falling asleep myself.


10. Writing a blog on a phone is hard. Excuse any and all mistakes including layput. Air fright arrives tomorrow with computer.

So goodnight to all
Xx

Monday:
Guns   0  American flags 7      Texas flags 2













1 comment:

  1. Oy vey, sounds like hard work! But you've made it. You're doing great! And good luck with the driving :)

    ReplyDelete